Monday, July 21, 2014

Citrus vinegar and Dishwasher liquid detergent.

 I ran out of dishwasher detergent today,

and I didn't have the time/money to get more.
I have this super atrocious allergic reaction to store bought dish soap, thus I was unable to hand wash dishes, so that was out of the question.
I also had this fantastic citrus vinegar that I had soaking just for emergencies such as this.
SOOO I made dishwasher detergent with it.
Citrus vinegar
Making citrus vinegar is incredibly easy.
all you need is vinegar, and some type of citrus fruit.

Step one:
Cut citrus fruit (such as lemons, limes, or oranges) in thin slices, or peel them and save the peel.

Step two:
Throw sliced fruit or fruit peel into a mason jar.

Step three:
Fill the mason jar with white vinegar.

Step Four:
Let it sit for at least three weeks.

The longer you let the vinegar sit, the more effective it is.
It smells fantastic too!
This is perfect if you like to clean with vinegar, but you don't like this icky vinegar smell.

So back to my dilemma with the dishwasher detergent.
I had this little stash of awesomeness just sitting around to be used, so I added a few things to it.

Step one:
Acquire squeeze bottle (such as you old dish detergent bottle) to contain your detergent.

Step two:
Pour in
One cup citrus vinegar.
One cup warm water
1/2 cup liquid castile soap
One tbsp lemon juice
4 drop lemon essential oil

Step three:
Shake that shit up!

Use like normal dishwasher detergent.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment